Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Saw War Horse Tonight

I have always been a blubbering idiot over horse movies and dog movies. Particularly horse movies.  Dog movies are mostly reserved for Lassie, since I'm a dyed in the wool Collie person.  Now horse movies I'll pretty much see everyone, just because!!  I can't think of any movie I've never seen that is exclusively horse!!!

Now War Horse is a boy/horse movie,  which I can buy, but it IS traditionally girls who fall head over heals in love with horses.  I did at age ----  well, I couldn't even talk yet! But this movie works, even with a "boy loves horse/horse loves boy" take.  I cried pretty much from the beginning to the end.  I will NOT give away anything for those who have not seen it, other than to say it was beautifully done, classic Speilberg, he doesnt do it unless it's RIGHT.  And if you go and everyone in the theater is not crying their hearts out, there IS something seriously wrong with them.  Great flick.  Hope it gets several Oscar nods and wins them all!!

And the horse that plays Joey, what an advocate for OTTB!!!  This horse is GORGEOUS and he is AMAZING!!  Very realistic, you could NOT tell he was being directed and he did some unbelievable things.  The human actors were great, but the horse totally deserves one of his own.  Go see War Horse, any horse lover will NOT be disappointed.

1 comment:

  1. Its like you read my mind! You appear to know so much about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you can do with some pics to drive the message home a bit, but other than that, this is great blog. A great read. I will definitely be back.
    18 x Ultra Red and White LED Emergency Warning Use Flashing Strobe Lights Bar For Windshield Dash Grille

    ReplyDelete