Sunday, January 29, 2012

So Much To Do!!!

I have been trying DESPERATELY to keep up with all the going's on in the horse world.  Foremost is the fight against horse slaughter and getting the bill passed that would truly outlaw it for good, including transport, moving across the border, donating for slaughter, and many, MANY more things that greatly need to be done away with.

Aside from anti-horse slaughter, I try post about shelters/rescues, interesting stories about horses, events going on in the world of showing.  Pretty much anything equine that I find interesting I will pass along.  I can't ONLY post about horse slaughter or I will be horribly and irreversibly depressed!!

                                       My son TJ and my horse Crystal, her first trail ride spring 2008

I know I've been posting lots of pictures, and many of my horse.  I love this horse to death!  I got her in the spring of 2008 at age ten.  She had hardly ever been ridden, she was mostly used as a broodmare.  She didn't know how to neck rein, and my son taught her how to do that (and he had NEVER RIDDEN before he got on Crystal the first time!).  My son is a natural, a REAL natural.  I wish I could ride again, I miss it so much.  But I'm happy my son enjoys it.  That is almost as good as me doing it!  If I could just teach her how to lay down so I can get on like the trick horses do!!

I'm amazed how many posts I've gotten up in the month or so since I started!!  If anyone would like to see MORE things, PLEASE, let me know.  Maybe I'll start writing an article once a month about a new breed and post things about that breed throughout the month.  If ANYONE can think of ANYTHING else you'd like to see, PLEASE, email me at friendsdonteatfriends@gmail.com, or leave a comment on this post.


I'm starting to see a few more comments, and that is awesome!!  I also see that LOTS of folks are viewing.  I want to say THANK YOU!!  I don't feel like I'm talking to myself anymore!!


TJ and Crystal getting ready for a ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment